CV Dragos CALIN
June 11, 2007 11:12 AM
First name, last name: Dragoş-Alin Călin
Date and place of birth: June 10, 1976, Slatina, Olt County
Address: Slatina municipality, Olt county.
– graduate of the National Institute of Magistracy Bucharest ( 2-year courses ), second in the promotion, 2003 ;
– graduate of the Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest, 1998.
Function and jobs:
– j Udec in the District Court S Latin in April 2004; member of the Board of Directors, since September 2004, re-elected in October 2005; delegated judge for criminal executions 2004-2006; judge delegated with the organization of the continuous professional training activity; since December 2005 practice guide for trainee magistrates and for magistrates selected from jurists with 5 years of service in office; delegated attributions to the president of the court, in various periods 2005-2007.
– trainer of the National Institute of Magistracy as community law, international judicial cooperation in civil and commercial matters, since 2006;
– trainee at the Court of Justice of the European Communities Luxembourg, 4 April 2005 – 30 June 2005;
– trainee judge, Horezu Court , Valcea County, 2003 – 2004;
– legal advisor, Ministry of Public Finance – DGFP Olt , 1998-2001.
Participate in various events
– nominated, in November 2005, by the central newspaper “Cotidianul” in the program Generatia Asteptata – “16 tough, straight and short-sighted young people”, at the proposal of the Superior Council of Magistracy, for the public assessments received from the European Commissioner for Justice, Franco Frattini, who noticed me during my training at the Court of Justice of the European Communities in Luxembourg;
– organizer and rapporteur of the Conference “The Romanian legal order in the light of Romania’s accession to the European Union”, Court of Justice of the European Communities Luxembourg , 25 April 2005 room D, bat. T,, working languages French and English;
– member of the correction commission – specialization in community law – at competitions organized by the Superior Council of Magistracy, through the National Institute of Magistracy;
– participant and trainer at national seminars on community law, international cooperation in civil matters, combating discrimination, institutional strategy and training in the legal field, community service, conflicts of interest and independence of the judiciary, children’s rights, teaching skills;
– participant in international seminars having as object the community law;
– participant in round tables, radio shows on the topic of justice reform.
1. Judicial practice in criminal matters , published in THEMIS magazine no. 2/2005.
2. The unconventionality of the obligation of the accused minor to appear before the court , published in THEMIS magazine no. 3/2005.
3. Reflections on a decision of the Constitutional Court (Decision no. 380/2005) , published in the JOURNAL OF CRIMINAL LAW no. 4/2005.
4. Solutions of the French courts in litigation regarding freedom of expression , published in THEMIS magazine no. 4/2005.
5. Reflections on a decision of the Constitutional Court (Decision no. 697/2005 ) , published in the JOURNAL OF CRIMINAL LAW no. 3/2006.
1. The case law of the Court of Justice of the European Communities. Decisions of Principle, vol. I , CH Beck Publishing House Bucharest, in collaboration with Georgiana Tudor, judge within the District 1 Court of Bucharest, November 2006.
2. The case law of the Court of Justice of the European Communities. Decisions of Principle, vol. II, CH Beck Publishing House Bucharest, in collaboration with Georgiana Tudor, judge within the District 1 Court of Bucharest, December 2006.
– member of the Society for Justice Association (SoJust) ;
– founding member and co-president of the Oltenia Judges Forum Association ;
– member of AMUE (the Association of Magistrates of the European Union) ;
– member of the Romanian Magistrates Association – Olt branch .
office: Slatina Court, str. Lipscani no. 49, 230079, jud.Olt,Romania
telephone: office: (+40) 249 435526; fax: (+40) 249 432663.
e-mail: dragosdotcalin @ yahoo.co.uk , email@example.com